Waiting in Line


Recently, I had to wait in line for two-three hours to enroll my kids in preschool. Luckily I brought my sketchbook and a fistful of sharp pencils. (And some snacks and my kindle...) Not sure who this girl is, but I like that she doesn't have a traditional comic-book shape and is still pretty sexy.



And here are my feet. Who needs shoes?



... and then I decided that I should probably draw my hands, because I still kind of secretly hate drawing hands.



And here's a stab at a Belle sketch, to possibly follow up that Little Mermaid painting. I wish Disney marketing focused more on Belle's love of books, rather than her poofy yellow dress.



Here are some random dragon creatures.



And here's an unfinished fairy, because at that point I got to the front of the line! Hurrah!

Comments

Almie said…
lovely scketchets! I'm happy you had to wait, It's worth it :P. The one I like the most is that beautiful fairy ^^. Great stuff!
Michael Kline said…
Nice work Sarah. I shared it on Pinterest...
bburbank said…
Good! VERY GOOD.
Charles Eubanks said…
Wow, so good! I always feel like I learn something new when I study your art.
Kent said…
These are all wonderful, but I especially loved the face of the first girl.
L Rossi said…
Who does like drawing hands?! :D
Cool sketches!
It's funny, most of the time we hate waiting for things, and yet secretly, I'm kind of happy when I have to wait because it means I can whip out my sketchbook :)
Hope you are well!
L
Anonymous said…
do have a tumblr?
sarah said…
Hi Everyone! Thank you so much and sorry for the delay in responding! Sometimes I read these comments while on the run with kids and then forget to reply. I don't have tumblr account, maybe I should get one? :)
Erin said…
I agree with your thoughts on Belle. Good job on all of those!!
Tony C. said…
I've started to enjoy waiting at the DMV and whatnot because it gives me some uninterrupted time to sketch. Who woulda thunk?

Beautiful sketches as always. I love the hands. I never cease to be amazed by your construction of simple (and not so simple) objects.
Rejo John said…
These are awesome!!! Especially the dragons!!






http://focusedartist.blogspot.in/